Government Solutions: New York
New York City and State agencies, as well as school districts, community colleges, and universities, can be ensured of competitive pricing and highest level of quality when purchasing CASO services, software, and hardware solutions through NYSID under the Preferred Source Program.
For Opentext ApplicationXtender document management software and archival storage, CASO is a sub-contractor on Opentext’s contract. CASO also provides Kodak document scanners and support under the Kodak state contract. We also offer other consulting services on our own contract with the State of New York.
Why NYSID Matters
NYSID & The Procurement Process
For more than 40 years, NYSID – a not-for-profit member agency organization – has been meeting the purchasing needs of state and local government agencies while advancing employment for New Yorkers with disabilities.
Under the legislatively-mandated New York State Preferred Source Program, NYSID acts as a “virtual storefront” for a statewide network of 165 community rehabilitation agencies and private sector business partners to employ skilled people with disabilities in production facilities and community-based jobs.
Through more than 1,900 contracts that bring work to NYS communities, NYSID Members deliver quality goods and services at OGS-approved prices to fulfill individual government agency missions.
Everyone benefits from Preferred Source purchasing:
- NYS government purchasers acquire necessary goods and services without costly, time-consuming bidding.
- Individuals with disabilities acquire marketable skills through productive jobs and wages that promote self-esteem and financial independence.
- New York State benefits from a reduction in public assistance as disabled workers become economically independent, and benefits from an increase in government tax revenues from employed vs. dependent individuals
In the NY State mandated procurement pecking order, Preferred Source supersedes ALL other procurement procedures. In accordance with NY State Finance Law Article XI, Section 162, if a Preferred Source can provide a needed service to an agency, then prior to use of a state contract or solicitation of competitive bid. The agency is mandated to contract through the Preferred Source Program. Here is a link to the State Finance Law: https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/state-finance-law/stf-sect-162.html
Other information on Preferred Source contracting can be found on the Office of General Services’ website; https://nyspro.ogs.ny.gov/content/buying-preferred-source
If interested in obtaining our scanning services through Preferred Source, please contact NYSID at (212) 889-6618
CASO and NYSID: A Powerful Combination
NYSID Preferred Source Document Scanning Service
State and local government agencies can receive CASO document scanning and conversion services through NYSID, under the State’s Preferred Source Program. CASO is a NYSID Corporate Partner with Fedcap, a NYSID member agency that provides vocational training and support services to individuals with disabilities. The partnership is approved by the NYS Department of Education.
CASO document scanning services can convert all of the following into searchable PDFs, TIFs or any other format required:
Document Scanning Overview
Agency buyers benefit from this competitive, single source by skipping the time-consuming bidding process, while satisfying the government purchasers’ obligation to comply with the New York State Finance Law’s mandatory requirement to purchase approved services provided by people with disabilities through NYSID (Article 11, Section 162).
Preferred Source workers with disabilities throughout the state gain productive jobs and wages, leading to reduced public assistance costs because these workers earn enough to be economically independent. CASO is honored to participate in this program and to partner with Fedcap to find the right disabled workers for the job.
Attention: New York State Grant Applicants for the Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund (LGRMIF) can now submit just one quote to NYSID.
A Proud Partner of FEDCAP
CASO Expertise & Fedcap People
State and local government agencies can receive CASO document scanning and conversion services through NYSID under the State’s Preferred Source Program.
CASO provides the expertise and we partner with Fedcap to supply the people for both government agencies and businesses.
A nonprofit founded in 1935, Fedcap develops innovative, creative, and sustainable solutions that help people surmount barriers, work toward economic independence, and effect change in their families and communities.
Fedcap people are employed to do the following work:
- Office services – includes document scanning
- Building cleaning and maintenance
- Mailing services
CASO is proud to be a Fedcap partner.
OpenText New York State Contract for Document Management Software
OpenText ApplicationXtender is an instant document management solution that minimizes the costs and risks of paper while increasing productivity by streamlining the capture and management of documents. ApplicationXtender scans, stores, retrieves, and preserves information, while providing role-based access from either a desktop interface or web browser.
OpenText Intelligent Capture enables organizations to capture documents and data from paper, electronic files, and other sources, transforming it into digital content and delivering it into content management systems and business processes. By helping businesses reduce manual paper handling steps, Intelligent Capture minimizes processing errors, improves data accuracy, and accelerates business processes by making information instantly available in content repositories like OpenText ApplicationXtender and Microsoft SharePoint.
NYS Vendor ID #
OGS Contract #
OpenText – Systems and Peripherals (Storage Devices and Content Management Software)
- OpenText ApplicationXtender document management software
- OpenText Intelligent Capture document capture software
- New York State Product Link: OpenText Hardware and Software Award Notes
- New York State Pricing:
OpenText Software Price List
OpenText Cloud Services Price List
OpenText Training & Professional Services Price List
Current New York Government Clients (partial list)
- CUNY Baruch College
- CUNY Board of Trustees
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
- CUNY Bronx Community College
- CUNY Division of Enrollment Management
- CUNY Facilities Planning, Construction and Management
- CUNY Hostos Community College
- CUNY Labor Relations
- CUNY Procurement
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS)
- Long Island Railroad
- Mass Transit Authority
- Metro North Railroad
- New York City Business Integrity Commission
- New York City Police Pension Fund
- New York City Department of Education
- New York City Department of Environmental Planning
- New York City Department of Homeless Services
- New York City Department of Planning
- New York City Health and Hospital Corporation
- New York City Housing Authority
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- New York City Mayor’s Office
- New York City Department of Construction and Planning
- NYS Homes and Community Renewal, State of New York Mortgage Agency
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center