NY Government Agencies Record Management & Scanning Grant 2024
The New York State Archives has announced the start of the 2024-2025 Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund (LGRMIF) eGrant cycle.
With 135 applications requesting a little over $7.9 million, this past year’s eGrant cycle was particularly competitive. The Archives awarded 87 grants totaling $5.3 million. Awarded projects include plans for managing inactive records, disaster management, files management, management of historical records, and converting records to digital images.
Now that 2024-2025 cycle has begun, here’s what you need to know:
Submission & Deadlines
- For New Applicants, the deadline to apply for an eGrant user account is February 26, 2024.
- The 2024-2025 LGRMIF eGrant submission deadline is March 11, 2024.
The Grants Administration Unit first evaluates applications for eligibility and completeness. Applications will not be sent forward for further review if they do not meet basic eligibility requirements, are not submitted by the deadline, or do not have the appropriate signatures. An example of the requirements would be adoption of the LGS-1 Records Retention Schedule.
New for this cycle:
- As required by law, $1,000,000 will be allocated from available funds for projects for the City of New York.
- The New York City Board of Education may now apply for an LGRMIF grant independent of NYC DORIS.
- A community college sponsored by more than one county may apply as a separate local government.
“The CDM team has been exceptional. They completed the work faster and cheaper than we could have, and have always accommodated our needs. It is a pleasure working with them.”
Richard Ajimati – SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Fill out the form below to get in touch with us. We’ll get back to you right away.