2016-2017 LGRMIF Application: What You Need To Know
New York State Archives has grant funding available for your document scanning project through the Local Government Records Management. All registration forms requesting new eGrants user accounts must be submitted before 5:00 pm on Monday, January 9, 2017 and LGRMIF applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
Eligibility: Local governments in NYS are required to have the following in place by the application deadline to be eligible for LGRMIF grant:
- Records Management Officer (RMO) appointed
- Appropriate State Archives records retention and disposition schedule adopted
Summary of Major Changes for 2017-2018
The State Archives anticipates that approximately $4,128,361 will be available for the 2017-2018 Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund grant year. Grant funds will be distributed as follows:
- Projects for the City of New York will receive up to $1 million.
- Disaster recovery projects will be funded up to $150,000.
- Individual grant projects will receive up to $500,000.
- Shared services projects will receive up to $1.2 million.
- Demonstration projects will be funded with the remaining funds.
Under shared services grants, preference will be given only to applications proposing to establish new shared services consortiums. This preference will be expressed in the form of bonus points (10). Under individual grants, preference will be given to first time inactive records applications proposing to conduct a records inventory. This preference will be expressed in the form of bonus points (10). The maximum allowable request for individual applications is now $75,000. The Vendor Quote form has been eliminated.
- 22 December 2016 Due date for submitting a Notice of Intent (NOI) to apply for a LGRMIF grant for the 2017-2018 grant year.
- 30 December 2016 Questions that have not already been addressed in this guide or through the frequently asked questions (FAQs) must be submitted to Archgrants@nysed.gov before 5:00 pm on this date.
- 9 January 2017 Registration forms requesting new eGrants user accounts must be submitted before 5:00 pm on this date.
- 17 January 2017 Grant applications must be submitted electronically before 5:00 pm on this date. Also, the paper signature forms required for all applications must be postmarked by this date and necessary M/WBE documents should be submitted.
- 1 July 2017 Grants projects may start contingent on final approval from the Division of the Budget and the Office of the State Comptroller.
- 1 June 2018 All budget amendment templates must be submitted electronically before 5:00 pm on this date. Also, the paper FS-10-A form, Proposed Amendment, must be postmarked by this date, if required.
- 30 June 2018 All work on grants projects must be completed.
- 31 July 2018 Final Reports must be submitted electronically and form FS-10-F, Final Expenditure Report, must be postmarked by this date.